Who are we?
We are Arctic Board Games Inc, operated out of Steinbach, Manitoba Canada.
What personal information do we collect from the people who visit our website?
When ordering, leaving comments or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, mailing address, phone number, or other details to help us serve you more effectively. Payment information is directly handled by either PayPal or Square Payments, depending on chosen payment option, and is not stored by Arctic Board Games Inc.
When do we collect information?
We collect information from you when you register on our site, place an order, subscribe to a newsletter, leave a review, respond to a survey, fill out a form, or enter information on our site.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, make a purchase, sign up for our newsletter, leave a review, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- To personalize user’s experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product in which you are most interested.
- To improve our website to better serve you.
- To allow us to assist you better in responding to your customer service requests, administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site features.
- To quickly process your transactions.
- To ask for ratings and reviews of services and/or products.
- To display testimonials, reviews and frequently asked questions.
We reserve the right to use any information submitted for purposes we deem appropriate (eg. display testimonials and reviews with First and/or Last names). We do not share or sell information to other parties, including email and contact information. We do not store payment information.
How long is personal data stored?
We store personalized data of active account profiles indefinitely. Personal information on ALL completed orders are stored for 7 years for accounting purposes, and inactive accounts (have not logged in) are erased after 3 years. Once erased, data cannot be retrieved. Collected information is accessible for logged in users on the My Account pages. You may request an export of your personal data, and have it erased by contacting us.
How do we protect visitor information?
- All sensitive information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
- We implement a variety of security measures when a user places an order to maintain the safety of your personal information.
- All transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers.
Do we use ‘cookies’?
- Help remember and process the items in the shopping cart.
- Understand and save user’s preferences for future visits.
- Keep track of advertisements.
- Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future.
- We may also use trusted third-party services that track this information on our behalf.
- You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser (like Internet Explorer) settings. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser’s Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
If you disable cookies, some features will be disabled. It will turn off some of the features that make your site experience more efficient and some of our services will not function properly. However, you can still place orders.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information unless we provide users with advance notice. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or serving our users, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release information when its release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety.
However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
We do not include or offer third-party products or services on our website.
Google’s advertising requirements can be summed up by Google’s Advertising Principles. They are put in place to provide a positive experience for users.
We have not enabled Google AdSense on our site but we may do so in the future.
California Online Privacy Protection Act
According to CalOPPA we agree to the following:
- Users can visit our site anonymously.
Users are able to change their personal information:
- By emailing us.
- By logging into their account.
How does our site handle do not track signals?
We currently do not honor do not track signals.
Does our site allow third-party behavioral tracking?
It’s also important to note that we allow third-party behavioral tracking.
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under 13, the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission, the nation’s consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children’s privacy and safety online.
We do not specifically market to children under 13.
Fair Information Practices
The Fair Information Practices Principles form the backbone of privacy law in the United States and the concepts they include have played a significant role in the development of data protection laws around the globe. Understanding the Fair Information Practice Principles and how they should be implemented is critical to comply with the various privacy laws that protect personal information.
In order to be in line with Fair Information Practices we will take the following responsive action, should a data breach occur:
We will notify the users via email.
- Within 7 business days.
We will notify the users via in-site notification.
- Within 7 business days.
We also agree to the Individual Redress Principle, which requires that individuals have a right to pursue legally enforceable rights against data collectors and processors who fail to adhere to the law. This principle requires not only that individuals have enforceable rights against data users, but also that individuals have recourse to courts or government agencies to investigate and/or prosecute non-compliance by data processors.
CAN SPAM Act
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
We collect your email address in order to:
- To be in accordance with CANSPAM we agree to the following:
- If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can contact us and we will promptly remove you from ALL correspondence not pertaining to specific orders in process. This does not prevent being added to correspondence if you continue to use our site, make a purchase, or sign up for notifications.
Last Edited on 2023-09-06